Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Evolution.... huummmmmm


Genes show humans are still evolving


New York Times News Service
Published March 7, 2006

Providing the strongest evidence yet that human beings are still evolving, researchers have detected some 700 regions of the human genome where genes appear to have been reshaped by natural selection, a principal force of evolution, within the last 5,000 to 15,000 years.

The genes that show this evolutionary change include some responsible for the senses of taste and smell, digestion, bone structure, skin color and brain function.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0603070187mar07,1,6967465.story?coll=chi-newsnationworld-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

Well, this just gives one more kick in the pants to the attitude of "God said so and here we are." I have no problem if you want to believe this, that's your right. But don't we have enough evidence to stop teaching divine intervention in schools now? I know it's not done here in Nj but it is in several states under the term "inteligent design."

The last person I had this discussion with told me that evolution is a crock. Ok, I conceded it's not perfect, thats why its called a theory. When I asked him about all the evidence his reply was..... "and don't you think God is smart enough to plant evidence?" Well, he had me there... if there is a god I'm sure he/she is smart enough to plant evidence after all a common criminal can do that, just watch CSI :-)

Ah well, since we are still evolving I have decided to take my body in the direction of Jedi powers. I'm going to develop that funky mind influence trick first. That way people can stop telling me that I'm wrong about everything......... but then again, I've been wrong before :-)

No comments: