Monday, August 21, 2006

My busted iPod and Best Buy

Well it had to happen eventually, my iPod died. Its understandable since I have been running it 9 hours a day, 5 days a week for a year and a half now. It was a given that the hard disk would give out on me. So when it happened I wasn't shocked or upset, but i was at a loss since it's my only salvation during my commute and my work day.

I dug out my receipt and sure enough the extended warranty was still good. Yeah :-) I was off to Best Buy. I got there and was directed to the Geek Squad... lol, yes they really have them there :-) Before I got there I had it all planned. It's an old model, they can't replace it so I was going to get a nice upgrade.... well, no. They took my baby away and sent it to lord knows where. The guy told me it would be back sometime between two weeks and a month. AAAhhhhhhh not good. I figured they would just give me a new one but alas no.

So, in a funk I resigned myself to crappy streaming radio at work for some time to come. Well, Best Buy came through. They called me a week later and it was back. I was shocked. They managed to replace the hard disk so no upgrade, but heck, I was thrilled to have it back! So, a big thumbs up to Best Buy and their extended warranty, it was a life saver :-)

No comments: