Saturday, February 25, 2006

Let the Linux Revolution Begin!


Well its official. My wife doesn't seem to be too happy about it, but I am going to ban Windows from my PC. How, well... not very easily. I have tried a lot of distros out over the last year or so and have settled on Open SUSE. It seems to be the best out there for me. It recognises 99% of my hardware during the install. That's something even M$ Windows doesn't do for me. I am still having some setup issues, but I think I can either work around or live without. My scanner needs to be manually configured, but heck Win only sees it 50% of the time :-) My sound is a little flaky, but should be easy to tweak. I found iPod software but haven't attempted to set it up yet and my logitech video camera 1/2 works. LOL, actually that's not bad for a first day :-) However since its not Windows I expect these problems but all shall be well eventually :-)

www.opensuse.org

No comments: