Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Curious George

Remember that guy? Well, so do I and it seems after a movie from a few years ago, he's back. I didn't know this until about two weeks ago. Ya see, George here is one of my favorite childhood memories. Back in grade school we had a librarian who would read Curious George books out loud to us and once a month or so show us one of the cartoons based on the books. This is the person who gave me my love for books. I don't remember her name, wish I did, but she had a huge impact on me that is still being felt today!

Well it seems like father like son. Red Baby and I have been watching them for the last few days faithfully. He loves that monkey! Yeah! Now the new show is not the "classic" I remember, but it's pretty good. My wife has informed me that our older son loves the show too. This just makes me happy, we have a common bonding experience to talk about and reminisce on later in life :-) I think I'm going to take my son to the bookstore this weekend and find us a monkey book.... a classic one :-)

No comments: