Saturday, September 02, 2006

Eddie Trunk loves the Wiggles :-D

Ok, so I was driving home from work last night listening to Eddie Trunk on his radio show "Friday night Rocks" which is the only metal show I can get on the radio up here. If you don't know who Eddie is he does this show and it is syndicated all over the US, he also works with VH1 and VH1 classic doing shows like "Rock Honors" and as a host for there metal and hard rock shows. Basically this guy has been an idol of mine since the early 90's. Enough background......

He was on air last night with Artie Lang talking about his new movie Beer League and of course playing metal, mostly Artie's requests when out popped the funniest thing I had ever heard him say. They had just finished talking about boob scenes in the movie that were there, just because they could be when Eddie pipes up and says....... "this is an aside, but can anyone out there hook me up with some Wiggles tickets? I'm serious. I have a two year old that has GOT to go and it's like trying to get tickets to a Led Zeppelin Reunion show."

I'm not sure which is worse, that the Wiggles sell out major arenas or that the king of metal DJ's wants to go :-) Eddie did save himself right after there was a very awkward silence in the booth followed by raucous laughter. He mentioned that the Wiggles look like gay Star Trek characters to him. I never though of that before, but it really made me laugh. I instantly thought of Greg with his goofy features and big belt buckles but that image went away quickly as Murray came to mind. Murray of the red shirt and we all know what happens to the red shirts on Star Trek. Poor Murray! :-D


No comments: